Attendance is IMPORTANT
Please make every effort to have your child in school everyday. Students are expected by Governing Board Regulation to be in attendance 95% of the possible number of instructional days.
Parents are required by Alhambra District Governing Board policy, established under the auspices of Arizona State Law, to report the child’s absence and give cause (by telephone or note). Parents must state the reason for the absence in specific terms, e.g., stomach ache, ear infection, headache, vacation, death in the family, no transportation, etc. The specific reasons are needed for reports the Attendance Office must generate for the State. Please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for complete information regarding attendance. Copies of the handbook are available in the school office (a web version is available by clicking this link: Parent/Student Handbook).
- All student absences must be reported within 24 hours.
- For the welfare of your child, notify the automated attendance line at (602) 242-2503 ext. 5603, before 9 a.m. on the day of absence.
- During non-school hours, the School Talk system may be used to report an absence.
- A WRITTEN EXCUSE, signed by a parent or guardian, MUST be sent to school the day following the absence.
- TARDIES ARE UNEXCUSED, except for appointments (doctor, dentist, etc.), for which a parent must send a written, signed note.